On the top of Mount Orera we find the parish church of San Martino Bishop of Tours (patron saint of Verezzi). The church was built around 1625 on the initiative
of the prior Giovanni Tommaso Cucchi on the ruins of the "Ca di Fratti", a hospice for wayfarers and pilgrims and of the church, originally built between the fourteenth and
fifteenth century by Benedictine monks who had gone as far as the Orera ridge from Borgio. The adjoining bell tower, in Romanesque style, was already part of the old church.
The interior of the building is in baroque style with a single nave and four side chapels in addition to the high altar. Inside the building the large canvas depicting St. Martin of Tours and the pulpit carved in Verezzi stone are undoubtedly worth visiting.
The small square at the base of the religious structure offers an enchanting view over the village of Borgio Verezzi and the Ligurian coast as far as the promontory of Capo Mele.
At the side of the Church of San Martino there is the large "Mothers' Bell" which chimes every evening at 7 p.m. in memory of all the deceased mothers.
The Church can be visited daily during opening hours and during religious services.