Among the oldest churches of the Finale this one is dedicated to San Eusebio in Perti. Its foundation dates back to the 10th or 11th century.
The lower part of the apse, semicircular, supports a polygonal body from the Gothic period (XIII or XIV century) contemporary to the bell tower with intertwined Gothic arches in brick, a very
rare example in Liguria. The rest of the church was rebuilt in the Baroque period.
From the inside it is possible to reach the Romanesque crypt below, supported by slender polygonal columns, with rustic shaped capitals and round arches. The crypt is the oldest place of worship in the Finale territory.
The adjacent Roman necropolis, discovered in 1955/56, has returned grave goods dating back to the fourth and fifth centuries AD that demonstrate the presence of a Roman vicus preserved in the Archaeological Museum of Finale.
In 1979 the most ancient epigraphic evidence linked to the spread of Christianity found in the Ligurian-Piedmontese area was discovered in the archaeological area next door: a graffito tile for funerary use dated 362 A.D. with an inscription for Lucius, a nine-year-old child.
While the Church of San Eusebio can be visited during the hours of the celebrations, the visit to the crypt for organizational reasons is on reservation, to be made within the previous day by calling 333.8771184 and 349.1395691.