For the transport of the blocks extracted from the quarries to the "Marina di Verezzi", wooden wagons pulled by oxen or mules were used. These carts were made with oversized beams to support very heavy loads and sturdy wheels with different diameters on the two axles to keep the load flat during transport to the coast. Because of their non-standard construction they were called "Mad Wagons". The transport of the material was very difficult, so in order to limit costs, the stone was worked in the quarry and the waste was left on site. These means of transport were used until the opening of the road connecting Borgio to Verezzi in 1885 and replaced by more modern motor vehicles.